The Joy of Clojure, Second Edition is a deep look at the Clojure language. Fully updated for Clojure 1.6, this new edition goes beyond just syntax to show you the "why" of Clojure and how to write fluent Clojure code. You'll learn functional and declarative approaches to programming and will master the techniques that make Clojure so elegant and efficient.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
The Joy of Clojure, Second Edition is a deep account of the Clojure language. Fully updated for Clojure 1.6, this new edition goes beyond the syntax to show you how to write fluent Clojure code. You'll learn functional and declarative approaches to programming and will master techniques that make Clojure elegant and efficient. The book shows you how to solve hard problems related to concurrency, interoperability, and performance, and how great it can be to think in the Clojure way.
Appropriate for readers with some experience using Clojure or common Lisp.
- Build web apps using ClojureScript
- Master functional programming techniques
- Simplify concurrency
- Covers Clojure 1.6
About the Authors
Michael Fogus and Chris Houser are contributors to the Clojure and ClojureScript programming languages and the authors of various Clojure libraries and language features.
Table of Contents
PART 1 FOUNDATIONS
- Clojure philosophy
- Drinking from the Clojure fire hose
- Dipping your toes in the poolPART 2 DATA TYPES
- On scalars
- Collection typesPART 3 FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMING
- Being lazy and set in your ways
- Functional programmingPART 4 LARGE-SCALE DESIGN
- Combining data and code
- Mutation and concurrency
- ParallelismPART 5 HOST SYMBIOSIS
- Why ClojureScript?PART 6 TANGENTIAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Data-oriented programming
- Thinking programs
- Clojure changes the way you think