Jury Selection in Criminal Cases: Leading Lawyers on Balancing the Art and Science of the Voir Dire Process (Inside the Minds)by Multiple Authors
Jury Selection in Criminal Cases provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices and strategies for selecting and deselecting prospective jurors in a criminal case. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, this book guides the reader through the intricate voir dire process that is defined as much by methodical analysis as
Jury Selection in Criminal Cases provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on best practices and strategies for selecting and deselecting prospective jurors in a criminal case. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, this book guides the reader through the intricate voir dire process that is defined as much by methodical analysis as it is by gut instinct. With their client's future at stake, these top lawyers describe the importance of treating each panel member as an individual and of actively listening to their responses. Beginning with the end goal in minda jury that is free from bias and receptive to the themes and evidence in your casethey also provide guidance on how to observe and interpret non-verbal clues that will inform your assessment whether the venire will react favorably to your defense or can at least be fair to your client. Finally, these leaders reveal their strategies for the use of jury questionnaires and the appropriate application of peremptory challenges and challenges for cause. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this dynamic field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Will Rountree, Bonora Rountree, Trial Consulting & Research - "The Questioning Process during Voir Dire: Practical Tips for Voir Dire Preparation"
2. Douglas A. Funkhouser, Douglas A. Funkhouser Co. LPA - "The Voir Dire Process in Criminal Proceedings"
3. Frank D. Eaman, Frank D. Eaman PLLC - "Voir Dire for the Criminal Defense Attorney: Effectively Leveraging the Process for Selecting Supportive Jurors"
4. Jay M. Tiftickjian, Tiftickjian Law Firm PC - "Four Strategies for Criminal Jury Selection that Do Not Involve Candles, Magic Powders, or Other Voodoo Supplies"
5. NiaLena Caravasos, Law Office of NiaLena Caravasos LLC - "The Artistic Science of Jury Selection and Trials"
6. Daniel Hilf, Hilf & Hilf PLC - "Best Practices for Jury Selection: Connecting with the Jurors in Criminal Cases"
7. Terri Wood, Law Office of Terri Wood PC - "Understanding and Perfecting the Art of Jury Selection"
- Thomson Reuters Westlaw; Aspatore
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.40(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews