Kaufman's Clinical Neurology for Psychiatrists: Expert Consult: Online and Print / Edition 7by David Myland Kaufman
Pub. Date: 03/14/2013
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Completely revised in response to the new format of the ABPN certifying exam, Kaufman’s Clinical Neurology for Psychiatrists is the ideal reference to enhance your mastery of the neurology knowledge needed for the Psychiatry Board exam. Nearly 2,000 multiple-choice practice questions, in print and online, assess your familiarity with the latest/i>/b>… See more details below
Completely revised in response to the new format of the ABPN certifying exam, Kaufman’s Clinical Neurology for Psychiatrists is the ideal reference to enhance your mastery of the neurology knowledge needed for the Psychiatry Board exam. Nearly 2,000 multiple-choice practice questions, in print and online, assess your familiarity with the latest topics in the field!
- Enhance your mastery of the material with the help of abundant line drawings, CTs, MRIs, and EEGs that demonstrate key clinical findings to facilitate diagnosis.
- Fully understand each condition's relevant history , neurologic and psychiatric features, easily performed office and bedside examinations, appropriate tests, differential diagnosis, and management options.
- Access comprehensive discussions of Alzheimer and commonly occurring non-Alzheimer dementias (such as Lewy bodies disease and frontotemporal dementia) and traumatic brain injury , and new imaging techniques.
- Find the answers you need on the hottest topics in neurology, including involuntary movement disorders; single gene mutations with neuropsychiatric manifestations; psychiatric comorbidity of neurologic illnesses and treatments; deep brain stimulation and other new treatments; and the neurologic effects of illicit drug use.
- See numerous neurologic conditions, which you have probably just read about, in life-like drawings of patients.
- Test your knowledge with over 1,900 multiple-choice review questions, including interactive questions online at www.expertconsult.com.
Table of Contents
Notes About References, XXX
Physician-Readers, Please Note, XXX
CLASSIC ANATOMIC NEUROLOGY, XXX
1 First Encounter with a Patient: Examination and Formulation, XXX
2 Central Nervous System Disorders, XXX
3 Psychogenic Neurologic Deficits, XXX 4 Cranial Nerve Impairments, XXX 5 Peripheral Nerve Disorders, XXX 6 Muscle Disorders, XXXSECTION 2
MAJOR NEUROLOGIC SYMPTOMS, XXX 7 Dementia, XXX 8 Aphasia and Anosognosia, XXX 9 Headaches, XXX10 Epilepsy, XXX11 TIAs and Strokes, XXX12 Visual Disturbances, XXX13 Congenital Cerebral Impairments, XXX14 Neurologic Aspects of Chronic Pain, XXX15 Multiple Sclerosis, XXX16 Neurologic Aspects of Sexual Function, XXX17 Sleep Disorders, XXX18 Involuntary Movement Disorders, XXX19 Brain Tumors, Metastatic Cancer, and Paraneoplastic Syndromes, XXX20 Lumbar Puncture and Imaging Studies, XXX21 Neurotransmitters and Drug Abuse, XXX22 Traumatic Brain Injury, XXXAppendix 1: Patient and Family Support Groups, XXXAppendix 2: Costs of Various Tests and Treatments, XXXAppendix 3: Diseases Transmitted by Chromosome or Mitochondria Abnormalities, XXXAppendix 4: Chemical and Biological Neurotoxins, XXXAppendix 5: Three Nonethanol Toxic Alcohols, XXXAdditional Review Questions and Answers, XXXIndex, XXX
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >