Andrews McMeel Publishing is a leading publisher of comics and humor, cookbooks, gift, puzzles and games, and children’s books. AMP has a passion for publishing original talent, delighting consumers with innovative books and gifts that are worth sharing. It is also the nation’s top calendar publisher, producing calendars based on many top-selling properties and selling more than 15 million calendars each year.
Keep Calm and Drink Upby Andrews McMeel Publishing LLC
"In victory, you deserve champagne; in defeat,
Keep Calm and Drink Up humorously reminds you to keep a stiff upper lip and calm demeanorâ€¦as well as a bottle of your favorite drink handy. This uplifting and humorous gift book is just the right mix of one part drinking axiom and one part sage adviceâ€”stirred until well blended.
"In victory, you deserve champagne; in defeat, you need it," stated Napoleon Bonaparte. Inspired by the iconic World War II poster "Keep Calm and Carry On," Keep Calm and Drink Up is a gentle riff on the classic British war campaign.
The original slogan inspired a stiff upper lip and optimistic energy, but Keep Calm and Drink Up proves that in the long run, it's a stiff drink and flowing spirits that really motivate the masses. Keep Calm and Drink Up features more than 100 proverbs and mantras from the likes of James Joyce, Ernest Hemingway, Rumi, Dave Barry, and Garrison Keillor, including:
* "There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne." --Bette Davis
* "I know the truth is in between the first and fortieth drink." --Tori Amos
* "Twenty-four hours in a day, twenty-four beers in a case. Coincidence?" --Stephen Wright
* "Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat." --Alex Levine
- Andrews McMeel Publishing
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.20(w) x 3.90(h) x 0.40(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >