Keys to Effective Learning / Edition 3by Carol Carter, Joyce Bishop, Sarah Lyman Kravits, Joyce Bishop
Pub. Date: 09/28/2001
Publisher: Pearson Education
This book focuses on developing effective learning techniques to help readers excel in school, in their careers and throughout their lives as lifelong learners. Unlike traditional study skills books, this one emphasizes how users learn effectively by involving them in the active process of mastering their mental abilities and their personal confidence. The authors provide guidelines and exercises designed to help readers define themselves and their goals, set the stage for learning through critical and creative thinking, enhance reading, studying, listening and memory skills, targeting success in school and creating life success. For individuals interested in improving their learning and living skills.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.88(w) x 11.28(h) x 0.72(d)
Table of Contents
I. DEFINING YOURSELF AND YOUR GOALS.
2. Goal Setting and Time Management: Mapping Your Course.
3. Self-Awareness: Knowing Who You Are and How You Learn.
II. SETTING THE STAGE FOR LEARNING.
5. Reading and Studying: Your Keys to Knowledge.
6. Listening and Memory: Taking In and Remembering Information.
III. TARGETING SUCCESS IN SCHOOL.
8. Effective Writing: Communicating Your Message.
9. Quantitative Learning: Becoming Comfortable with Math, Science, and Technology.
10. Test Taking: Showing What You Know.
IV. CREATING LIFE SUCCESS.
12. Managing Career and Money: Reality Resources.
13. Moving Ahead: Building a Flexible Future.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >