- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Proficiency in the sciences and an understanding of technological advances has become a must for career success. Based on the successful Keys to Success, this resource explores all aspects of careers in science, from career planning and preparation to networking. Discusses how to study in the sciences—how science books differ from other books and how to approach them, understanding inquiry-based learning, and conducting research. Emphasizes communication skills through various group projects and written work. Uses eye-catching visual aids throughout including full-color photos, graphics, and cartoons. Includes all chapter content from the popular Keys to Success brief edition but tailors each chapter to science-related material. For anyone interested in pursuing or changing to a career in the life sciences or physical sciences, nursing, engineering, computer science, or mathematics.
1. Researching Your Science Education: Collecting the Basic Data.
2. Discovering Science: Exploring Your Options.
3. Self-Awareness: Knowing You Are and How You Learn.
4. Goal Setting and Time Management: Mapping Your Course.
5. Scientific Inquiry: Critical and Creative Thinking.
6. Reading and Studying: Maximizing Written Resources.
7. Note-Taking and Writing: Harnessing the Power of Words and Ideas.
8. Listening, Memory, and Test Taking: Taking In, Retaining, and Demonstrating Knowledge.
9. Working in the Laboratory: Safe Science in Action.
10. Relating to Others: Appreciating Your Diverse World.
11. Managing Career and Money: Reality Resources.
12. Moving Ahead: Building a Smart Future.