Keys to Success in College, Career and Life, Brief / Edition 3by Carol Carter, Joyce Bishop, Judy Block, Sarah Lyman Kravits
Pub. Date: 07/15/2002
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This brief version of the best-selling book connects college skills with career and life success. With its learn-by-doing emphasis, it encourages readers to think critically about their choices and goals. Chapter topics include a Welcome to College and further discuss: knowing how you learn and how to choose a major; goal setting and time management; becoming an active learner with critical and creative thinking; reading and studying; listening, note taking, and memory; test taking; relating to others in a diverse world; and building skills for life success. For students of college and life.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.08(w) x 11.08(h) x 0.52(d)
Table of Contents
I. DEFINING YOURSELF AND YOUR GOALS.
2. Self-Awareness: Knowing How You Learn and How to Choose a Major.
3. Goal Setting and Time Management: Using Values to Map Your Course.
II. DEVELOPING YOUR LEARNING SKILLS.
5. Reading and Studying: Focusing on Content.
6. Listening, Note Taking, and Memory: Taking in, Recording, and Retaining Information.
7. Test Taking: Showing What You Know.
III. CREATING SUCCESS.
9. Wellness, Career, and Money: Building Skills for Life Success.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >