Keys to Success Reader / Edition 1by Joyce Bishop, Julie Wheeler, Mary Jane Bradbury, Julie Wheeler, Mary Jane Bradbury
Pub. Date: 11/06/1998
Publisher: Pearson Education
This reader is based upon several areas impacting new readers/students - student success general areas, success in specific disciplines, and topics for those who are career changers. Chapters are written by graduating seniors, business professionals, student affairs professionals and faculty. The book breaks chapters down into 3 main topic areas: Student Success, Success Across the Disciplines, and Advice for Career Changers. It reflects the experience of current students, career professionals, faculty and student affairs professionals.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.28(w) x 10.81(h) x 0.58(d)
Table of Contents
1. HOW COLLEGE IS DIFFERENT FROM HIGH SCHOOL: Making a Smooth Transition.
2. THE ADULT LEARNER RETURNS TO COLLEGE: Tips on Reentry.
3. INTERNSHIPS: How to Get Them and Do Well Once You're Hired.
4. MAKING THE SCHOOL TO WORK TRANSITION: Success Skills for the Real World.
5. CHANGING TECHNOLOGIES: How to Remain Current in an Ever Changing World.
6. COMMUNITY SERVICE: A Foundation for Your Career.
7. ATTENDING U.S. SCHOOLS AS A FOREIGN STUDENT: Keys to Success.
PART II. SUCCESS ACROSS THE DISCIPLINES.
8. Keys to Success in Business.
9. Keys to Success in Engineering.
10. Keys to Success in the Liberal Arts.
11. Keys to Success in the Research Sciences.
13. Keys to Success in Math.
PART III. ADVICE FOR CAREER CHANGERS.
14. CAREER SHIFTING: You Can Do Anything with Your Life.
15. CORPORATE CULTURE: Do Their Goals Meet Yours?
16. BECOMING INDISPENSABLE IN A DISPOSABLE WORLD: How to Become and Remain Marketable.
17. DRESS FOR SUCCESS: How to Make a Professional Impression.
18. WORKING WITH YOUR MANAGER AND YOUR PEERS: How to be Effective with Others.
19. COMMUNICATING EFFECTIVELY: Groups, Meetings and Presentations.
20. WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SEXUAL HARASSMENT: Assessment and Protection.
21. EXECUTIVE COMMUNICATION: Improving Speaking and Writing Skills.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews