Keys to Workplace Skills shows students how to manage the transition between college and the workplace with ease. With an emphasis on developing job success skills, this book teaches practical skills for working with others on the job, along with techniques for job performance improvement. Includes profiles from professionals, case studies, and skill-building exercises. Designed for people graduating from career and professional programs.
1. Taking It to the Next Level: Understanding Workplace Realities.
2. Bringing Your Dreams to Reality: Goal Setting and Time Management.
3. Learning Styles: How to Become a Lifelong Learner.
4. Critical and Creative Thinking: Expanding Your Mind.
5. Expressing Yourself and Understanding Others: Learning to Communicate Effectively.
6. Effective Workplace Reading: The Art of Interpreting and Understanding.
7. Documents: Communicating Through the Written Word.
8. Teamwork and Leadership: Working Effectively with Others.
9. Taking Care of Personal Business: Managing Your Health and Your Finances.
10. The Road Ahead: Making the Most of Your Career.