ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Clive Gifford is an award-winning author with over 150 books published for children and adults, including Out of This World, Wow Science, and Discover the Extreme World. His books have garnered much praise and won the Children’s Choice, NAPPA Gold Star, TES Book of the Year, and Smithsonian awards. Clive Gifford lives in the UK.
ABOUT THE SERIES’ ILLUSTRATOR
Andrew Pinder initially studied archaeology and worked as an archaeologist and prehistorian, directing excavations and producing illustrations for museums, books, and specialist publications. Upon moving to Mallorca, he began work as an illustrator, painter, and muralist.? He has had numerous one-man exhibitions on Mallorca and has work in various public and private collections. As an illustrator, he has worked on more than 20 books including Out of the World.
Killer History: A Gruesome and Grisly Trip Through the Pastby Clive Gifford
Some kids are natural bookworms and others you have to chase down with a book. But every kid, even the ones that scowl when you say “read” will devour this mega mix of history’s grisly stories. From all corners of the globe and dating back to ancient Egypt, this book leaves no tombstone unturned to deliver a glimpse at some of the weirdest traditions, most gruesome methods, craziest causes, and most fascinating facts surrounding death in history. Kids will discover:
- The ancient Egyptians didn’t mummify and bury their dead alone. Oh, no. They also entombed cats, dogs, hippos, crocodiles, and even beetles with their dearly departed.
- As queen, Marie-Antoinette lost her head for all the fine things France had to offer, and she delighted in them as the country grew poorer and poorer. When the revolution came, she literally lost her head for her frivolity.
- The guillotine was used for almost 200 years in France. It was the cutting edge of death technology when it was invented in 1792 and stayed in style until 1977.
- History’s most surprising murder weapons
- The top-ten potent poisons
- The worst epidemics in history
- Reader's Digest
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- SIMON & SCHUSTER
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 12 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
- Age Range:
- 9 - 12 Years
Meet the Author
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews