Used - Good Second May contain highlighting/underlining/notes/etc. May have used stickers on cover. Ships same or next day. Expedited shipping takes 2-3 business days; standard ...shipping takes 4-14 business days.Read moreShow Less
2011 Paperback NEAR FINE This listing is a new book, a title currently in-print which we order directly and immediately from the publisher. *****PLEASE NOTE: This item is ...shipping from an authorized seller in Europe. In the event that a return is necessary, you will be able to return your item within the US. To learn more about our European sellers and policies see the BookQuest FAQ section*****Read moreShow Less
In Kinesiology for Occupational Therapy, Second Edition, Dr. Melinda Rybski presents the theoretical background for understanding the kinematics and kinetics of normal human physiological movement. Each specific joint is assessed in terms of musculoskeletal function, movements possible, and an overview of pathology that may develop. Following these discussions, Kinesiology for Occupational Therapy, Second Edition addresses recognition of normal movement, as well as interventions or adaptations for those with movement impairment through theoretic principles associated with biomechanical and rehabilitation frames of reference. Features:
• Hands-on activities to relate and apply conceptual information to actual case studies
• Goal statements and theoretic principles for the frames of reference in discussion
• Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, 2E terminology and evidence-based literature supporting the assessments and interventions covered Techniques of measuring musculoskeletal function include manual muscle testing, range of motion assessments, and assessment of coordination and hand function. New to the Second Edition:
• More evidence to support treatment options
• More on assessment of individual joints
• Access to online tutorials for goniometry and manual muscle testing, with new text purchase
• Includes over 300 tables and images throughout
• Practical application of surface anatomy to identify skeletal landmarks and muscles
• Chapters updated to address intervention frames of reference used in OT Instructors in educational settings can visit www.efacultylounge.com for additional material to be used for teaching in the classroom. Kinesiology for Occupational Therapy, Second Edition clearly outlines the need for an understanding of kinesiology in occupational therapy, providing occupational therapists with the evidence necessary to support their treatment strategies. Bonus! You will receive access to Goniomet
Product dimensions: 8.50 (w) x 10.90 (h) x 0.90 (d)
Meet the Author
Melinda Fritts Rybski, PhD, OTR/L, is a faculty member of the Occupational Therapy Division at The Ohio State University. Dr. Rybski graduated from The Ohio State University College of Allied Medical Professions with a bachelor of science degree in 1979 and a Master’s degree in 1987. She completed her PhD in 2010 with a degree from The Ohio State University, focusing on quantitative research, evaluation, and measurement. She has taught occupational therapy students for 25 years, with a primary focus on kinesiology, physical disabilities, and the practice of occupational therapy and Level I fieldwork. She has also taught or assisted with other occupational therapy courses, including Application of Neurodevelopmental Construct, Practice of Occupational Therapy in the Hospital Setting, Interpersonal Dynamics and Task-Oriented Groups in Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapy in Mental Health, Introduction to Alternative Research Methodologies, and Critical Phases of Life.
Her clinical experience includes inpatient rehabilitation and acute, outpatient, and long-term care. She is currently serving on the Ohio Occupational Therapy Board, is a book reviewer for several publishing companies and for the American Journal of Occupational Therapy, and is section editor for the Health and Interprofessional Practice Journal.