Kinesiology: The Skeletal System and Muscle Function / Edition 2by Joseph E. Muscolino
Pub. Date: 10/05/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Learn how to apply kinesiology concepts and treat dysfunction with Muscolino’s Kinesiology: The Skeletal System and Muscle Function, 3rd Edition! With more than 1,200 full-color illustrations, this highly visual text offers a vividly illustrated look at the skeletal system and how muscles function as movers, antagonists, and stabilizers in the body/b>
Learn how to apply kinesiology concepts and treat dysfunction with Muscolino’s Kinesiology: The Skeletal System and Muscle Function, 3rd Edition! With more than 1,200 full-color illustrations, this highly visual text offers a vividly illustrated look at the skeletal system and how muscles function as movers, antagonists, and stabilizers in the body. Part One covers the fundamentals of structure and motion, including essential terminology that is used in kinesiology. Part Two covers the skeletal system including the makeup of skeletal and fascial tissues. Part Three contains a detailed study of the joints of the body. And lastly, Part Four examines how muscles function. This new edition also boasts an all-new chapter on biomechanics, more than 100 online video clips, and an interactive muscle program. If you want a thorough understanding of muscle function and how to apply that knowledge on the job, then there’s no better guide than Muscolino!
- Coverage of strengthening exercises and stretching emphasizes the purposes and benefits of stretching and how to perform various stretching techniques.
- The most up-to-date information on posture and the gait cycle features high-quality art.
- Comprehensive chapter on muscle action and attachments includes illustrations of all of the muscles of the human body organized by function.
- Clinical applications throughout the book are directly related to kinesiology concepts and challenge you to apply what you’ve learned to clinical practice.
- Complete atlas of bones, bony landmarks, and joints includes more than 100 full-color photographs of every bone in the human body, giving you comprehensive coverage of bones not found in other kinesiology books.
- Clear, simple explanations of kinesiology concepts cover muscle contraction(s), coordination of muscles with movement, core stabilization, posture, exercise, reflexes, and how the nervous system controls and directs the muscular system.
- Approximately 1,200 four-color illustrations help you visualize important concepts.
- A wide variety of user resources include a comprehensive glossary of terms from the book, radiographs, answers to the review questions at the end of each chapter in the book, an interactive muscle program, and videos featuring joint actions and palpation techniques.
- NEW! A new chapter on biomechanics helps you understand how the body moves under normal circumstances and what may impair its movement in pathology.
- NEW! Improved illustrations in The Skeletal Muscles of the Human Body offer a vivid muscle atlas within the text.
- NEW! Expanded resources on Evolve companion site include a new collection of video clips and an interactive muscle program which help you identify the necessary skills for professional success.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 11.14(w) x 11.28(h) x 0.94(d)
Table of Contents
Foreword Enhanced Preface Part I: Fundamentals of Structure and Motion of the Human Body 1. Parts of the Human Body 2. Mapping the Human Body Part II: Skeletal Osteology: Study of the Bones 3. Skeletal Tissues 4. Bones of the Skeleton Part III: Skeletal Arthrology: Study of the Joints 5. Joint Action Terminology 6. Classification of Joints 7. Joints of the Axial Body 8. Joints of the Lower Extremity 9. Joints of the Upper Extremity Part IV: Myology: Study of the Muscular System 10. Attachments and Actions of Muscles 11. Anatomy and Physiology of Muscle Tissue 12. How Muscles Function Ð The Big Picture 13. Types of Muscle Contractions 14. Roles of Muscles 15. Types of Joint Motion and Musculoskeletal Assessment 16. Determining the Force of a Muscle Contraction 17. Neuromuscular System 18. Posture and the Gait Cycle 19. Stretching 20. Strengthening Exercises Bibliography
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >