Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach / Edition 7by Alexandra Patricia Adams
Pub. Date: 09/28/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The most comprehensive front office medical assisting resource available, Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant, 7th Edition provides unparalleled coverage of the practical, real-world administrative skills essential to your success in the health care office. This thoroughly updated, fully modernized edition combines current, reliable/b>/sup>
The most comprehensive front office medical assisting resource available, Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant, 7th Edition provides unparalleled coverage of the practical, real-world administrative skills essential to your success in the health care office. This thoroughly updated, fully modernized edition combines current, reliable content with innovative support tools to deliver an engaging learning experience and help you confidently prepare for today's competitive job market.
• Apply what you learn to realistic administrative situations through an Applied Learning Approach that integrates case studies at the beginning and end of each chapter.
• Study more effectively with detailed Learning Objectives, Vocabulary terms and definitions, and Connections icons that link important concepts in the text to corresponding exercises and activities throughout the companion Evolve Resources website and Study Guide & Procedure Checklist Manual.
• Confidently meet national medical assisting standards with clearly identified objectives and competencies incorporated throughout the text.
• Master key skills through step-by-step instructions and full-color illustrations that clarify procedures.
• Sharpen your analytical skills and test your understanding of important concepts with critical thinking exercises.
• Understand the importance of patient privacy with the information highlighted in helpful HIPAA boxes.
• Demonstrate your proficiency to potential employers with an interactive portfolio builder on the companion Evolve Resources website.
• Familiarize yourself with the latest administrative office trends and issues including the Electronic Health Record.
• Confidently prepare for the CMA and RMA certification exams with a new online appendix that mirrors the exam outlines and provides fast, efficient access to related content.
• Find information quickly and easily with newly reorganized chapter content and charting examples.
• Reinforce your understanding through medical terminology audio pronunciations, Medisoft practice management software exercises, chapter quizzes, review activities, and more on the completely revised companion Evolve Resources website.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
- Becoming a Successful Student
- The Healthcare Industry
- The Medical Assisting Profession
- Professional Behavior in the Workplace
- Interpersonal Skills and Human Behavior
- Medicine and Ethics
- Medicine and Law
- Computer Concepts
- Telephone Techniques
- Scheduling Appointments
- Patient Reception and Processing
- Office Environment and Daily Operations
- Written Communications and Mail Processing
- The Paper Medical Record (formerly Medical Records Management)
- The Electronic Medical Record
- Health Information Management
- Privacy in the Physician's Office
- Basics of Diagnostic Coding
- Basics of Procedure Coding
- Basics of Health Insurance
- The Health Insurance Claim Form
- Professional Fees, Billing, and Collecting
- Banking Services and Procedures
- Management of Practice Finances
- Medical Practice Management and Human Resources
- Medical Practice Marketing and Customer Service
- Assisting with Medical Emergencies
- Career Development and Life Skills
Unit One: Introduction to Medical Assisting
Unit Two: Administrative Medical Assisting
Unit Three: Health Information in the Medical Office
Unit Four: Billing and Coding Procedures
Unit Five: Financial and Practice Management
Unit Six: Assisting with Medical Specialties
Unit Seven: Career Development
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >