- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book is an introduction to the social anthropology of kinship - to the ways in which the peoples of different cultures marry and relate to each other within and outside the family.
List of Figures.
Part I: Basic Concepts:.
3. The Family and Other Kin Groupings.
4. Marriage and Sexual Relations.
5. Kinship (Relationship) Terminology.
6. Symmetric Affinal Alliance.
7. Asymmetric Affinal Alliance.
8. FZD and ZD Marriage.
9. Non-prescriptive Pseudo-systems.
10. The Meaning of Kinship.
Part II: Theories of Kinship:.
11. The Significance of Kinship in Anthropology.
12. Theories of Descent.
13. Kinship Terminology and Affinal Alliance.
14. Typologies and Terminological Change.
15. Ethnographic Examples and Further Reading.