Kipling Stories And Poems Every Child Should Knowby Mary E. Burt (Editor), W. T. Chapin (Editor), Rudyard Kipling
Long years ago many teachers in central Illinois said: "We want a Kipling book." The demand was for a book that could be used in each grade of the public schools, if possible in the child's own hands. The use of "The Just So Stories" and "The Jungle Book" has come more and more into practice through the importunities of teachers. These books have been entered on many school lists as "supplementary" reading. This book is intended to reach the hands of children in lower grades, kindergartens, and nurseries, by its picture pages, which will be supplemented by the reading of the text by teachers or parents.
• * This book takes the best poems and stories from those volumes and presents them here in one place, providing your child with a wide sample of works from this famous author. After reading this book, your child will want to see and hear more stories like those that first caught his, or her, attention. He, or she, might even be inspired to seek out all the works by Kipling, greatly broadening the horizons of their reading experiences.
• * "Kipling Stories and Poems Every Child Should Know" is a compilation of Rudyard Kipling's "The Jungle Book," "The Second Jungle Book," "Just So Stories," "Departmental Ditties and Ballads and Barrack Room Ballads," "The Seven Seas," "The Five Nations," "Under the Deodars," "The Day's Work," "Captains Courageous," "Many Inventions," "The Naulahka," and "The Just So Song Book."
• * "Kipling Stories and Poems Every Child Should Know" has appeared in print from Houghton Mifflin Company as a single book, a two volume set, and a three volume set, all with a publication date of 1909. This volume faithfully reproduces the illustrations and stories in those editions, with minor edits to correct some words to a more modern spelling (i.e, changing traveller to traveler).
• * Check our other Children's, Juvenile, and Adult books at www.FlyingChipmunkPublishing.com, or Friend us on Facebook for our latest releases.
- Wilder Publications
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.56(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews