Kisses from Rosaby Petra Mathers
Illustrated in full color. When her mother becomes ill, young Rosa is sent off to stay at her Aunt Mookie's farm in the Black Forest of Germany. Although she misses her mother terribly, Rosa is quickly caught up in all the activity of farm lifefrom picking blueberries with Mrs. Schmidt to visiting the cows with Cousin Birgit. In between, she sends kiss-filled letters to Mami via Otto the mailman. And one day soon, she knows they will be together again. The illustrations in Petra Mathers's lovingly drawn memoir have irresistible folkloric charm. Here's a book straight from the heartcertain to strike a chord in anyone who's ever been homesick or separated from a loved one.
- Random House Children's Books
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.83(w) x 11.32(h) x 0.47(d)
- Age Range:
- 3 - 8 Years
Meet the Author
* Petra Mathers was born and raised in Germany and moved to the United States as a young woman. She now lives in Portland, Oregon.
* Petra is an illustrator first, and a writer second. While she brews a story of her own on some burner in the back of her mind, she is busy illustrating other people's books.
* Petra compares illustrating other people's books to "visiting". A certain politeness, consideration, and modesty are necessary.
* She is a self-described "sucker for love" and her stories are always about love -- she finds unsung heroes very endearing, as well as the clumsy, balding, fumbling, shy creatures who are quietly heroic, risking everything for love.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews