EllynAnne Geisel, who lives in Pueblo, Colorado, is the author of The Apron Book and the creator of Apron Chronicles, the traveling exhibit. Her apron designs have appeared in Vogue and have been worn by Bree in Desperate Housewives. She's been a guest on both NPR's All Things Considered and CBS News' Sunday Morning. She continues to make nationwide appearances to promote her books and exhibit.
The Kitchen Linens Book: Using, Sharing, and Cherishing the Fabrics of Our Daily Livesby EllynAnne Geisel
Family kitchens are where our days begin and end. And one constant is threaded among the people, the stories, and the moments: America's kitchen linens. If only these prized pieces/i>/i>
Gather 'round! The endearing follow-up to The Apron Book is now served. EllynAnne Geisel graces us with her new treasure, The Kitchen Linens Book. It's a lovely treat.
Family kitchens are where our days begin and end. And one constant is threaded among the people, the stories, and the moments: America's kitchen linens. If only these prized pieces could talk.
The Kitchen Linens Book invites women of all ages to visit with the past. In this book, Geisel gives us an up-close look at tablecloths, dishtowels, and napkins with details and histories as fine as the stories themselves. Embroidered or hemstitched, linens or oilcloths--these are the fabrics and the memories of our mothers and grandmothers. And each one has an endearing story and a vivid history.
*The book features over 20 projects and 8 recipes.
* The book includes a classic Butterick transfer pattern for a vintage kitchen towel motif, circa 1945.
* Rich photography highlighting every detail accompanies stories passed from generation to generation.
* EllynAnne's passion for finding and saving linens from flea markets, estate sales, and antique stores will inspire you to dig through your own closets and cupboards.
- Andrews McMeel Publishing
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.80(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews