If you don’t know how to knit, The Knitting Directory will show you how, with clear, large-scale diagrams and easy-to-follow steps. And with chapters on basic knit stitches, advanced work, adding decorative detail, and finishing garments like a professional, there’s plenty here for both experienced and inexperienced knitters. The book is planned around five clear sections:
- Equipment and basic techniques—all the equipment and information you’ll need to start knitting, together with instructions for basic knitting techniques.
- Simple stitch library—clear instructions for the basic stitches that will be most useful for the beginner and the less experienced knitter.
- Advanced work—this section includes some challenging stitches and stitch combinations for the keen knitter and offers some new ideas to try.
- Creating your own designs and adding decorative details— shows you how to personalize your work by combining color and texture.
- Finishing—how to press, finish, and make up your knitted pieces.