And The Washington Post says, “The MapGuide lets you be inconspicuous: it’s as small and light as a novella, and its flip-out maps could pass as a flyer to a cool club.”
Knopf Mapguide: Los Angelesby Knopf Guides
Here is everything you need to find your way around and get the
Here is Knopf’s unique pocket-size MapGuide to the glittering, seductive city of Los Angeles: with eight full-color, fold-out street maps of the most popular neighborhoods, plus bus and rail lines, as well as carefully selected information about the essential places to go and things to do.
Here is everything you need to find your way around and get the most out of the museums, shops, sunny beaches, great restaurants, clubs, and theaters in this exciting and fabled metropolis. Here are the city’s most interesting destinations: from the observatory in Griffith Park to the beaches at Santa Monica; from Disneyland and Universal Studios to the La Brea Tar Pits; from the Getty Center and the Broad Contemporary Art Museum to Disney Hall; from the upscale shops on Melrose Place to the boho boutiques on Abbot Kinney Boulevard in Venice. And here, too, are suggestions for excursions outside the city, including a day trip to romantic Catalina Island.
• Up-to-date information on churches, temples, monuments, museums, and gardens, and more than 150 restaurants, cafés, bars, theaters, concert halls, and shops—all keyed to the maps
• Best places to stay, from inexpensive lodgings to luxury hotels
• How to go sightseeing on foot, by car, or by bus
• Festivals, holiday information, cultural Web sites
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 4.60(w) x 6.60(h) x 0.50(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews