PAPERBACK Fair 1563672421 This copy has a tight spine and light wear but has yellow highlighting throughout. Purchase of this item will help support the programs and ...collections of the Johnson County (Kansas) Library.Read moreShow Less
PAPERBACK Very Good 1563672421 This is a clean and unmarked copy with little wear. Purchase of this item will help support the programs and collections of the Johnson County ...(Kansas) Library.Read moreShow Less
Used - Acceptable Contains water damage. Student Not perfect, but still usable for class. Ships same or next day. Expedited shipping takes 2-3 business days; standard shipping ...takes 4-14 business days.Read moreShow Less
First Fair [ No Hassle 30 Day Returns ][ Underlining/Highlighting: SOME ] [ Writing: SOME ] [ Edition: First ] [ Water Damage: SLIGHT doesn't affect use ] Publisher: Fairchild ...Pubns Pub Date: 9/1/2004 Binding: Paperback Pages: 480.Read moreShow Less
Filled with illustrations, this new text presents up-to-date information that interior designers, merchandisers, product developers, retailers and consumers need to better understand the types of consumer goods for the home and the raw products utilized to make them. Know Your Home Furnishings will enable students to understand the major home furnishings categories and the diverse consumer demand for fashionable and functional products.
Virginia Hencken Elsasser presently serves as associate professor of fashion in the Graphics Arts and Design Department of Centenary College. Throughout her long history as an educator, she has taught courses focusing on flat pattern, the fundamentals of design, textile science and design and apparel construction. She is also the author of Textiles: Concepts and Principles and has written several articles dealing with the stimulation and engagement of students creativity.
* Introduction to Home Furnishings
- Home Furnishings and the Marketplace
* Materials in Home Furnishings
- Other Materials
* The Categories of Home Furnishings
- Carpets, Rugs and Flooring
- Paints and Wall Coverings
* Industry Profiles and Industry Statements in every chapter, highlighting important people and concepts
* End-of-chapter review questions and learning activities
* Illustrations that help to visually define numerous terms
** Instructor's Guide provides suggestions and resources for using the book as a textbook and reference
* PowerPoint (R) Presentation includes more than 300 slides that illustrate key concepts from the book and provide the basis for classroom lectures and discssions for each chapter, compatible with PC and MAC platforms.