Ralph and Terry Kovel are the authors of more than 85 books and currently write a nationally syndicated newspaper column and a subscription-only newsletter. They appear on their own weekly television show on HGTV (Home & Garden Television), Flea Market Finds with the Kovels.
Kovels' American Antiques, 1750 to 1900by Terry Kovel, Ralph Kovel
Kovels' American Antiques is an indispensable tool for all collectors, history buffs, and anyone who wants to know how to recognize, evaluate, purchase and care for antiques. In a stunning package that showcases the breadth of expertise that defines their career, the Kovels have written an essential book about America's historical past for today's "new century" marketplace.
• Focuses on the antiques made or used in America from 1750–1900 that appeal to today's collector.
• Reflects all the new methods of dating and evaluating American artifacts.
•Covers 18th- and 19th-century pottery and porcelain, glass, furniture, silver, clocks, jewelry, and other decorative arts.
• Includes lists of the most important designers and factories with dates, locations, and marks PLUS a bibliography for further reading.
•Stories of discoveries, tips on care, and warnings about fakes and fantasy items.
- Random House Information Group
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Large Print
- Product dimensions:
- 7.01(w) x 9.23(h) x 0.86(d)
Meet the Author
- Shaker Heights, Ohio
- Place of Birth:
- Ralph Kovel: Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Terry Kovel: Cleveland, Ohio
- Ralph Kovel: Ohio State University; Terry Kovel: Wellesley College
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews