Laboratory Testing for Ambulatory Settings: A Guide for Health Care Professionals / Edition 1by Marti Garrels, Carol S. Oatis
Pub. Date: 01/25/2006
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Learn the lab testing skills you need to know! Laboratory Testing for Ambulatory Settings: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, 2nd Edition provides in-depth coverage of the most common procedures and techniques of all the new CLIA waived, point-of-care tests along with some moderately complex tests. Clear, step-by-step instructions and full-color/b>… See more details below
Learn the lab testing skills you need to know! Laboratory Testing for Ambulatory Settings: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, 2nd Edition provides in-depth coverage of the most common procedures and techniques of all the new CLIA waived, point-of-care tests along with some moderately complex tests. Clear, step-by-step instructions and full-color photographs make it easy to master each test and procedure. Written by noted educators Marti Garrels and Carol S. Oatis, this edition adds a new chapter on toxicology and information on five new procedures. A companion Evolve website lets you practice clinical laboratory skills.
- Complete coverage includes the most common CLIA waived tests for any healthcare professional in the ambulatory setting.
- A "triad" organization gives chapters a consistent, easy-to-follow format:
- Fundamental Concepts: basic information related to tests and procedures.
- CLIA Waived Procedures: step-by-step instructions for CLIA waived tests.
- Advanced Concepts: further application of basic knowledge and skills towards a higher level of critical thinking and decision making, such as handling non-CLIA waived tests.
- Over 60 new photographs and drawings clarify topics and show examples of laboratory specimens soyou will be able to identify them on the job.
- New chapter on toxicology.
- More extensive coverage of working with the microscope prepares you for the lab.
- Updated, expanded information about quality control and quality assurance provides relevant information so you can accurately and effectively perform in the lab.
- Updates on proper collection and processing of urine specimens, microbiology specimens, blood capillary and venipuncture specimens, which includes new urine culture using vacutainer system, new drawings for urine and influenza specimen collections, and the latest order of blood draw including the plasma separator tube, ensure that you have the most current information.
- Five new procedures with corresponding skill check-off sheets help you understand the most up-to-date protocols:
- Clinitek Analyzer
- Standard Hematocrit
- New A1c+ Ki+
- iFOB method for fecal occult blood
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
|1||Introduction to the laboratory||1|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >