Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications / Edition 5by William M. Marsh
With its wide variety of topics and up-to-date coverage, the fifth edition is an excellent resource for landscape planners and designers, scientists, and environmentalists. It focuses on environmental problems associated with land planning, landscape design, and land use. New coverage is included on adaptive planning as an approach necessary to build a sustainable… See more details below
With its wide variety of topics and up-to-date coverage, the fifth edition is an excellent resource for landscape planners and designers, scientists, and environmentalists. It focuses on environmental problems associated with land planning, landscape design, and land use. New coverage is included on adaptive planning as an approach necessary to build a sustainable landscape. Greater emphasis is placed on systems and updated case studies are integrated throughout the chapters. This edition also arms the reader with a collection of best management practices, which can be applied in the field.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
0. An Introduction to the Book, the Field, and some Perspectives.
1. Landscape Planning: Roots, Problems, and Content.
2. The Physiographic Framework of the United States and Canada.
3. Landscape Form and Function in Planning and Design.
4. Topography, Slopes, and Land Use Planning.
5. Assessing Soil for Land Use Planning and Waste Disposal.
6. Site, Soils, and Wastewater Disposal Systems.
7. Groundwater Systems, Land Use Planning, and Aquifer Protection.
8. Runoff and Stormwater Management in a Changing Landscape.
9. Watersheds, Drainage Nets, and Land Use Planning.
10. Streamflow, Floodplains, Flood Hazard, and Land Use Planning.
11. Water Quality and Runoff Considerations in Landscape Management.
12. Soil Erosion, Stream Sedimentation, and Landscape Management.
13. Best Management Practices, Local Watersheds, and Development Sites.
14. The Riparian Landscape: Streams, Channel Forms, and Valley Floors.
15. The Coastal Landscape: Shoreline Systems, Landforms, and Management Considerations.
16. Solar Climate near the Ground: Landscape and the Environment.
17. Microclimate, Climate Change, and the Urban Landscape.
18. Ground Frost, Permafrost, Land Use, and Environment.
19. Vegetation, Land Use, and Environmental Assessment.
20. Landscape Ecology, Land Use, and Habitat Conservation Planning.
21. Wetlands, Habitat, and Land Use Planning.
22. Framing the Land Use Plan: a Systems Approach.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >