- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
PART I. INTRODUCTORY CONSIDERATIONS, ORAL LANGUAGE CONNECTIONS TO LITERACY, AND THE CLASSROOM.
1. Creating Communication, Literacy, and Academic Success: Concepts for Consideration, Geraldine P. Wallach and Katherine G. Butler.
2. Discourse Scaffolds for Classroom Intervention, Elaine R. Silliman and Louise Cherry Wilkinson.
3. Metalinguistic Development, Anne van Kleeck.
PART II. FOCUS ON THE “WHAT TO LOOK FOR”: THE CURRICULUM, LEARNING POTENTIAL, AND MEASURING “REAL” PROGRESS.
4. Curriculum-Based Language Assessment and Intervention Across the Grades, Nickola Wolf Nelson.
5. Models and Practices of Dynamic Assessment, Annemarie Palincsar, Ann L. Brown, and Joseph C. Campione.
6. Observation is More Than Looking: Assessing Students’ Progress in Classroom Language Learning, Elaine R. Silliman and Louise Cherry Wilkinson.
PART III. A CLOSER LOOK: SPOKEN AND WRITTEN DISCOURSE ACROSS AGES, STAGES, AND LANGUAGE STYLES AND ABILITIES.
7. The Effects of Culture on Genre, Structure, and Style of Oral and Written Texts, Carol E. Westby.
8. A Discourse Continuum for School-Age Students: Impact of Modality and Genre, Cheryl M. Scott.
9. Early Literacy Acquisition: The Role of Phonological Awareness, Benita A. Blachman.
10. On Being Literate: The Comprehension and Use of Nonliteral Language, Linda M. Milosky.
11. Problem Solving Strategies for Academic Success: Comprehension and Vocabulary Alternatives, Camille L.Z. Blachowicz.
12. Word Finding Disorders in Children and Adolescents, Diane J. German.
PART IV. SPECIAL ISSUES: UNDERSTANDING THE NATURE OF LANGUAGE DISORDERS ACROSS TASKS AND TIME.
13. Variability and Language Learning Disabilities: An Information Processing Perspective, Margaret Lahey and Lois Bloom.
14. Auditory Linguistic Processing and Language Learning: New Perspectives on a Familiar Problem, Sandy Friel-Patti.
15. Directions for Meeting the Needs of Adolescents with Language Learning Disabilities, Barbara J. Ehren.
16. Q and A Forum From the Field—Invited Authors.
17. Butler and Wallach Finale.