- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"Pat Williams is quickly becoming the authority on the ethics of the coaching profession. He brings his full integrity and passion to this wonderful book. Do not overlook the importance of this book to your success."
—Laura Berman Fortgang, MCC, pioneer in the coaching field and author of Take Yourself to the Top and Now What? 90 Days to a New Life Direction
The first comprehensive book covering ethical and legal guidelines for personal and executive coaches
As coaching grows into a unique and fully established profession, coaches are already discovering and dealing with the special ethical and legal dilemmas that can arise in the coaching context. Law and Ethics in Coaching presents the first comprehensive look at ethical and legal issues in coaching. From coach-client conflicts to conflicts of interest, from assessments to informed consent, the authors detail the breadth of ethical quandaries in coaching and provide highly practical advice for avoiding problems—and for solving them.
With contributions from leaders in law, ethics, and coaching, the text includes coverage of:
Filled with a dynamic blend of case studies, discussion questions, illuminating quotes, and other examples, Law and Ethics in Coaching is both a trailblazing professional reference and an unparalleled textbook for coaching programs.
1. The Profession of Coaching: Its Emergence and Intersection with Ethics and Law (Patrick Williams).
2. Foundations of Professional Ethics (Karen Colby Weiner).
3. Ethical Choice: An Outcome of Being, Becoming and Doing (Sharon K. Anderson, Heather T. Wagoner, and G. Kurt Moore).
4. Competence: Getting, Growing, and Measuring Coaching Ability (Margaret Krigbaum).
5. Developing and Maintaining Client Trust: Professional Focus, Clear Agreements, and Confidentiality (Dolly M. Garlo).
6. Multiple-Role Relationships in Coaching (Ofer Zur and Sharon K. Anderson).
7. Ethical Use of Assessments in Coaching (Debra Robinson).
8. Legal Issues and Solutions for Coaches (William H. Lindberg and Andrew R. Desmond).
9. The Intersection of Culture and Ethics (Marilyn O’Hearne and Charles Hamrick).
10. Coaching to Come (Patrick Williams, William H. Lindberg, and Sharon K. Anderson).
Appendix A: ICF Code of Ethics.
Appendix B: Professional Coaching Language for Greater Public Understanding (David Mathew Prior).