Law for Global Commerce : A Tour (NetEffect Series) / Edition 1by David M. Neipert
Pub. Date: 11/28/2001
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Filling the void for an international business law reference designed for those with little or no legal background, A Tour of Law for Global Commerce provides an understandable introduction to the basics of what an international business person needs to know in order to function in the international legal environment—including cultural and/i>/b>… See more details below
Filling the void for an international business law reference designed for those with little or no legal background, A Tour of Law for Global Commerce provides an understandable introduction to the basics of what an international business person needs to know in order to function in the international legal environment—including cultural and historical perspectives that affect how laws are applied, how international business disputes are resolved, advertising and marketing regulations and major trading agreements in force— and succeed in the real world of international business. The reference provides a complete overview of the legal systems of the world, economic integration, the law of the oceans and airspace, the laws of customs and immigration, advertising regulations around the world, as well as a panorama of treaties affecting international commerce and a guidebook to international business transactions. For those employed in a job with an international dimension.
Table of Contents
I. LEGAL SYSTEMS OF THE WORLD.
1. Our Tour Begins: The Dawn of Law.
2. A Tour of Romano-Germanic Law.
3. A Tour of the Legal System of England.
4. A Tour of the Law of the USA.
5. A Tour of the Law of Islamic Nations.
6. A Tour of the Law of India.
7. A Tour of the Law of China.
8. A Tour of the Law of Japan.
II. AN EXCURSION TO THE WORLD OF ECONOMIC INTEGRATION.
9. A Side Trip Through the Treaties of Regional Integration.
10. A Side Trip to MERCOSUR.
11. A Side Trip to Free Trade in North America (NAFTA).
12. A Side Trip to Economic Integration in Western Europe.
III. THE LAW OF THE OCEANS AND AIRSPACE.
13. A Cruise Through the Law of the Sea.
14. A Flight Through the Law of the Sky.
IV. CLEARING THE LAW OF CUSTOMS AND IMMIGRATION.
15. A Stroll Through Immigration Law.
16. A Stroll Through Customs Law.
V. THE REGULATION OF ADVERTISING AROUND THE WORLD.
17. A Jaunt Around the Law of Advertising in the Americas.
18. A Visit to the Regulation of Advertising in West Europe.
19. An Overview of Advertising Laws in the Rest of the World.
VI. A PANORAMA OF TREATIES AFFECTING INTERNATIONAL COMMERCE.
20. An Expedition to the World of Commercial Treaties.
21. An Expedition to the World Trade Organization.
VII. A GUIDEBOOK TO INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS.
22. A Guidebook to International Sales Transactions.
23. A Guidebook to International Investments.
24. A Guidebook to International Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >