- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book is so well-written! I cannot say enough positive things about the material I have read so far. This is excellent material and should be a 'sk' book in the library of every nurse!?
—Helen Gordon,CNM, MS, DNP
Duke School of Nursing
An essential source of legal information and analysis for nurse supervisors, managers, executives, administrators, practicing nurses and aspiring nursing leaders, educators and students in BSN and advanced degree nursing programs. Law for Nurse Leaders is a comprehensive guide to current and emerging law issues, questions, trends and research. It aims to empower readers to understand and deal with pressing legal issues in nursing care.
Written primarily by nurse attorneys with knowledge and expertise in various aspects of the law, this reader-friendly text discusses nursing malpractice, risk management, employment law, business law, corporate compliance, and dispute resolution as they relate to health care law and nursing practices.
• Case studies and analysis of significant cases
• A section of questions from senior nurse executives, managers, and educators with corresponding answers from the editors and contributing authors
• A helpful glossary, useful statutory references and citations, and key legal research
• Chapter sidebars and callouts of Key Points on each topic for ease of use
1. The Nurse and the Law: A Primer
2. Corporate Law
3. Corporate Compliance
4. Laws Governing the Workplace
5. Risk Management
6. The Nurse and Documentation
7. Patient Rights and Ethical Considerations
8. Nursing Malpractice/Negligence and Liability
9. Anatomy of Civil and Criminal Trials
10. Dispute Resolution for Nurses
Ask the Nurse Attorney