- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The only early childhood administration book on the market that emphasizes the role of leadership and the importance of program planning in the administration process. Adds necessary chapters on medically related issues in early childhood, and legally related issues in early childhood. Includes material on Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) and other new curricula. Contains numerous activities at the end of the book. For Educators and Social Service Workers in programs for young children, including Headstart.
I. CHALLENGES AND TRENDS IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION.
1. Challenges in Developing Programs for Young Children.
II. LEADERSHIP AND THE ROLE OF THE DIRECTOR.
2. Understanding Leadership and the Use of Power.
5. Creative and Analytical Problem-Solving.
III. LEADERSHIP AND IMPLEMENTATION/HUMAN RESOURCES ISSUES.
6. Staff Selection, Development, and Evaluation.
7. Motivating Staff, Parents, and Children.
8. Team Building and Small Group Interaction.
9. Professionalism: More Than Meets the Eye.
IV. LEADERSHIP AND HELPING CHILDREN IN THEIR ENVIRONMENT.
10. Parent Education and Parent Involvement.
11. Legal Issues in Early Childhood.
12. Medical Issues in Early Childhood.
V. LEADERSHIP, OPERATIONAL ISSUES, AND EVALUATION.
13. Facilities, Equipment, Room Arrangement, and Scheduling.
14. Finances, Record-Keeping, Proposal Writing, and Evaluating.
Appendix A: Home Learning Enablers.
Appendix B: Parent Papers.
Appendix C: Leadership Enablers.
Appendix D: Motivator Activities.
Appendix E: 14 Volunteer Program Papers (VPPs)—Classroom Volunteers.
Appendix F: Early Childhood Websites.