2013 Paperback Good Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. Includes supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access ...codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority.Read moreShow Less
Ships same day or next business day via UPS (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes)! Used sticker and some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access ...code or dust jacket.Read moreShow Less
5th Edition. Used books are NOT guaranteed to contain components and/or supplements such as: Access Codes or working CD's/DVD's! Ships fast! Expedited shipping 2-4 business days; ...Standard shipping 7-14 business days. Ships from USA!Read moreShow Less
All orders ship SAME or NEXT business day. Expedited shipments will be received in 1-5 business days within the United States. We proudly ship to APO/FPO addresses. 100% ...Satisfaction Guaranteed!Read moreShow Less
Uniquely organized around the AONE competencies, this trusted resource gives you an easy-to-understand, in-depth look at today’s most prevalent nursing leadership and management topics. Coverage features the most up-to-date, research-based blend of practice and theory related to topics such as: the nursing professional's role in law and ethics, staffing and scheduling, delegation, cultural considerations, care management, human resources, outcomes management, safe work environments, preventing employee injury, and time and stress management.
• UNIQUE! Chapters divided according to AONE competencies for nurse leaders, managers, and executives.
• Research Notes in each chapter summarize relevant nursing leadership and management studies and highlight practical applications of research findings.
• Case Studies at the end of each chapter present real-world leadership and management situations and illustrate how key concepts can be applied to actual practice.
• Critical Thinking Questions at the end of each chapter present clinical situations followed by critical thinking questions to help you reflect on chapter content, critically analyze the information, and apply it to the situation.
• NEW!Full-color design makes content more vivid and realistic.
• NEW! Chapter on Communication and Care Coordination covers these integral topics.
• NEW! Updates to critical thinking exercises, case studies, research notes, and references offer the most current information.
• NEW! Updated sections on Current Issues and Trends reflect the latest topics in the field.
• NEW! Relevant Web Sites boxes provide authoritative resources for additional research.
The book contains both black-and-white and two-color illustrations.