Leadership and the New Science: Discovering Order in a Chaotic World / Edition 2by Margaret J. Wheatley
Pub. Date: 11/28/2000
Publisher: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.
Leadership and the New Science launched a revolution by demonstrating that ideas drawn from quantum physics, chaos theory, and molecular biology could improve organizational performance. Margaret Wheatley called for free-flowing information, individual empowerment, relationship networks, and organizational change that evolves organically - ideas that have become commonplace. Now Wheatley's updated classic, based on her experiences with these ideas in a diverse number of organizations on five continents, is available in paperback.
- Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 8.96(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
1. Discovering an Orderly World
2. Newtonian Organizations in a Quantum Age
3. Space Is Not Empty: Invisible Fields that Shape Behavior
4. The Participative Nature of the Universe
5. Change, Stability, and Renewal: The Paradoxes of Self-Organizing Systems
6. The Creative Energy of the Universe-Information
7. Chaos and the Strange Attraction of Meaning
8. The New Scientific Management
9. Change-The Capacity of Life
Epilogue: Being Comfortable with Uncertainty
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
I'm of importance! *the muffled voice shouts*