- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Sausalito, CA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Success in project management requires the project manager to operate at many levels and deal with a myriad of internal and external stakeholders whilst managing the external forces or risks which damage and prevent so many projects being delivered. Leadership in the context of project management requires vision and the ability and courage to guide individuals and teams of people to fulfilling and rewarding experiences.
Project Managers often see themselves as catalysts or interventionists. They expect to achieve a great deal, but need to realise they can achieve little without the efforts of others. With this in mind this book focuses on the complexity and issues of leadership in project management. The book aims to:
* assist project managers in their understanding of what leadership is and how leadership influences the outcome of project success
* demonstrate how empowerment can be used to achieve results and positive project outcomes
* demonstrate how to engage and influence others to achieve project goals
* define the theoretical and practical boundaries of decision making within the context of multiple stakeholder projects
* provide an insight into what it takes to build high performance project teams
* provide a communication taxonomy for managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrates how conflict should be managed
John McManus is a software engineer with 15 years experience in project delivery and is an acknowledged expert in project recovery methods and risk management. John is Professor in Management Sciences at the Rushmore Institute and Senior Research Fellow at the University of Lincoln.