- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Hayward, CA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Ships from: Rockford, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Offering comprehensive coverage of effective nursing leadership and management, this third edition challenges nursing students to learn the structure, concepts, and relationships of their future trade with a wide array of interactive tools. It presents the foundations and strategies for effective nursing management and leadership from role development, to the use of information and technology, to political influences within the industry. Focusing on building the complete nurse beyond actual healthcare, this new edition features a full-color design and the addition and reorganization of key chapters.
• Each chapter opens with The Challenge — a contemporary nurse manager's real-world concerns related to the chapter content.
• The Solution closes each chapter by illustrating effective methods of handling the challenges of those situations set forth in the chapter.
• The full-color design attracts and maintains student interest.
• Exercises are scattered throughout every chapter to provide a quick lesson in thinking critically as well as an opportunity to apply the chapter content to current, real-world scenarios.
• Theory Boxes give a brief description of relevant theory and key concepts.
• Research and Literature Perspectives illustrate the relevance and applicability of current studies to practice.
• Objectives and Questions to Consider guide students toward considering their own viewpoints or experiences with topics and issues discussed in each chapter.
• The glossary defines all applicable chapter terminology. Key terms are bolded in the text.
• A built-in Workbook, with perforated pages, enables students and instructors to evaluate learning.
• A chapter on Developing the Role of Leader introduces key leadership theories and cites examples of how each can be used clinically and professionally.
• A chapter on Leading Through Professional Associations stresses the need to be involved in professional organizations, discusses their goals and various structural formats, and provides strategies for becoming involved with major national associations.
• A new chapter-ending section includes the Chapter Checklist, Tips, and Terms to Know to clearly set them apart from the chapter content.
The book contains color illustrations.
This book offers comprehensive coverage of nursing leadership and management concepts. This second edition helps students learn more successfully and ensures a smooth transition to practice by portraying contemporary, real-world examples throughout the text. New and expanded content addresses delegation, communication and collaboration, budgeting, and staff development.It includes a full-color design and more than 100 illustrations to hold students' interest.
1. Managing, Leading, and Following
2. Developing the Role of Leader NEW!
3. Developing the Role of Manager
4. Legal and Ethical Issues
5. Decision Making and Problem Solving
6. Healthcare Organizations
7. Strategic Planning, Goal Setting, and Marketing
8. Leading Change
9. Understanding and Designing Organizational Structures
10. Collective Action
11. Managing Quality and Risk
12. Managing Information and Technology: Caring and Communicating with Computers
13. Managing Costs and Budgets
14. Consumer Relationships
15. Care Delivery Strategies
16. Staffing and Scheduling
17. Selecting, Developing, and Evaluating Staff
18. Cultural Diversity in Healthcare
19. Building Teams Through Communication and Partnerships
20. Conflict: The Cutting Edge of Change
21. Delegation: An Art of Professional Practice
22. Managing Personal/Personnel Problems
23. Role Transition
24. Self-Management: Stress and Time
25. Power, Politics, and Influence
26. Career Management: Putting Yourself in Charge
27. Leading Through Professional Associations NEW!
EPILOGUE: THRIVING IN THE FUTURE