- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Use quality questioning to bring out the best in your learning community!
Quality questioning is a process for engaging individuals in reflection, critical thinking, and collaboration. The authors demonstrate how questions, not answers, drive school improvement and growth for a learning community. This handbook for school and district leaders applies the principles of the best-selling book Quality Questioning to four critical leadership functions:
List of Tables and Figures
Preface: What Have We Learned From Our Work? Quality Questioning is Not Just for the Classroom Anymore
About the Authors
1. Quality Questioning: Why Is This an Important Practice for Leaders of Learning Communities?
2. Questioning as a Process: What Are the Essential Elements?
3. Maximizing: How Can Leaders Increase Individual and Collective Capacity?
4. Mobilizing: How Do Leaders Build Constituent Commitment to Act?
5. Mediating: How Does Quality Questioning Help Create Common Ground?
6. Monitoring: How Do Leaders Use Quality Questioning to Facilitate Reflection on Progress Toward Identified Goals?
7. Promoting Adult Learning and Growth in Schools: How Can Leaders Nurture Communities of Quality Questioners?
Resource A: Examples of Closed and Open-Ended Questions
Resource B: Structured Group Processes That Engage Members of the School Community in Thinking and Dialogue
Resource C: The Quality Questioning Quotient (QQQ): A Self-Assessment