James Bucanek is a professional software engineer, with over 25 years of experience in software and systems development. He is the author of Beginning Xcode and the holder of a network patent. Having made the transition to Mac OS X many years ago, he has never looked back.
Learn iOS 7 App Developmentby James Bucanek
Learn iOS App Development is both a rapid tutorial and a useful reference. You'll quickly get up to speed with Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, and the iOS 7 SDK. It's an all-in-one getting started guide to building your first iPhone or iPad app. You'll learn best practices that ensure your code will be efficient and perform well, earning positive/em>… See more details below
Learn iOS App Development is both a rapid tutorial and a useful reference. You'll quickly get up to speed with Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, and the iOS 7 SDK. It's an all-in-one getting started guide to building your first iPhone or iPad app. You'll learn best practices that ensure your code will be efficient and perform well, earning positive reviews on the iTunes App Store, and driving better search results and more revenue.
The iOS 7 SDK offers powerful new features, and this book is the fastest path to mastering themand the rest of the iOS SDK for programmers with some experience who are new to iPhone and iPad app development. Many books introduce the iOS SDK, but few explain how to develop apps optimally and soundly. This book teaches both core Objective-C language concepts and how to exploit design patterns and logic with the iOS SDK, based on Objective-C and the Cocoa Touch framework.
Why spend months or years discovering the best ways to design and code iPhone and iPad apps when this book will show you how to do things the right way from the start?
- Get an accelerated treatment of the core fundamentals of Objective-C.
- Develop your first app using Xcode's advanced interface design tools.
- Build your first iPhone app using the code that you're given as you walk through this book.
- Finally, debug and distribute your first app on Apple's iTunes App Store.
What youll learn
- Develop simple to moderately complex iOS apps.
- Add sound and iPod music playback, the camera, and photos to your app.
- Connect your app to the world through internet services, peer-to-peer networking, social networking, and cloud synchronization.
- Plug into the latest mobile technologies: maps, GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass.
- Polish your apps with elegant animation and effortless navigation.
- Improve your app's quality with core design patterns and best programming practices.
This book requires no prior iPhone or iOS app coding experience, but some comfort with programming in general is assumed.Table of Contents
- Getting Your Tools
- Boom, App!
- Spin a Web
- Coming Events
- Table Manners
- Object Lesson
- Model Citizen
- Sweet, Sweet, Music
- Got Tools?
- Draw Me a Picture
- There and Back Again
- Networking, the Nerdy Kind
- Networking, the Social Kind
- Build It and They Will Come
- Where Am I?
- Remember Me?
- Document This
- Being Objective
- The Elephant in the Room
- Êtes-vous polyglotte?
- Faster, Faster!
- Twice as Nice
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 20 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >