Take your coding skills to the next level with this extensive guide to ObjectiveC, the native programming language for developing sophisticated software applications for Mac OS X. ObjectiveC is a powerful, objectoriented extension of C, making this book the perfect followup to Dave Mark’s bestselling Learn C on the Mac, Mac OS X Edition. Whether you’re an experienced C programmer or you’re coming from a different language such as C++ or Java, leading Mac experts Mark Dalrymple and Scott Knaster show you how to harness the powers of ObjectiveC in your applications!
- A complete course on the basics of ObjectiveC using Apple’s free Xcode tools
- An introduction to objectoriented programming
- Comprehensive coverage of inheritance, composition, object initialization, categories, protocols, memory management, and organizing source files
- A brief tour of Cocoa’s foundation framework and AppKit
- A helpful “learning curve” guide for nonC developers
What you’ll learn
- Learn ObjectiveC programming, the gateway to programming your Mac or iPhone
- Write applications for the Mac OS X interface, the cleanest userinterface around
- Understand variables and how to design your own data structures
- Work with the file system
- Connect to data sources and the Internet
Who this book is for
For anyone wanting to learn to program native applications in Mac OS X, including developers new to the Mac, developers new to ObjectiveC, or students entirely new to programming.