This book will give you a thorough grounding in the principal and supporting tools and technologies that make up the Xcode developer tools suite. Apple has provided a comprehensive collection of developer tools, and this is the first book to examine the complete Apple programming environment for both Mac OS X and iPhone.
- Comprehensive coverage of all the Xcode developer tools
- Additional coverage of useful third-party development tools
- Not just a survey of features, but a serious examination of the complete development process for Mac OS X and iPhone applications
What you’ll learn
- The book is holistic, providing a comprehensive sweep across the available development tools.
- The book is structured, taking a logical and progressive journey from the basics to a firm understanding of the purposes, benefits, and limitations of each component of Xcode’s developer tools.
- The tone is friendly and accessiblewe wouldn’t have it any other way.
- The book fills a nichethere is no other single book that focuses on this collection of developer tools.
Who this book is for
All Mac OS X and iPhone developers who want to develop applications more efficiently by taking advantage of all the tools Apple offers in its Xcode suite, as well as many indispensable third-party tools.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Xcode Tools for Mac OS X and the iPhone
- Introducing the Xcode Workspace 9 Interface Builder
- Core iPhone Tools
- Frameworks in Xcode
- Model-View-Controller in Xcode
- Debugging Your Xcode Projects
- Xcode Documentation
- Developing an Application
- Source-Code Management with Subversion
- Unit Testing in Xcode
- Monitoring, Analysis, and Performance Tools
- Support Tools for the Busy Developer
- Usability and Accessibility
- Packaging and Distribution