Learning and Behavior / Edition 4by James E. Mazur
Pub. Date: 07/15/1997
Publisher: Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
This contemporary survey of the field of learning offers comprehensive coverage of both classic studies and the most recent developments and trendswith an emphasis on the importance of learning principles in everyday life. Many real-world examples and analogies make the often abstract concepts and theories of the field more concrete and relevant, and most chapters include sections that describe how the theories and principles have been used in the applied field of behavior modification. Simple Ideas, Simple Associations, and Simple Cells. Innate Behavior Patterns and Habituation. Basic Principles of Classical Conditioning. Theories and Research on Classical Conditioning. Basic Principles of Operant Conditioning. Reinforcement Schedules: Experimental Analyses and Applications. Avoidance and Punishment. Theories and Research on Operant Conditioning. Stimulus Control and Concept Formation. Comparative Cognition. Learning by Observation. Learning Motor Skills. Choice. For educators, social workers, and anyone interested in human learning behavior.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.22(w) x 9.58(h) x 1.03(d)
Table of Contents1. Introduction.
2. Simple Ideas, Simple Associations, and Simple Cells.
3. Innate Behavior Patterns and Habituation.
4. Basic Principles of Classical Conditioning.
5. Theories and Research on Classical Conditioning.
6. Basic Principles of Operant Conditioning.
7. Avoidance and Punishment.
8. Theories and Research on Operant Conditioning.
9. Biological Constraints on Learning.
10. Stimulus Control and Concept Formation.
11. Animal Cognition.
12. Learning by Observation.
13. Learning Motor Skills.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >