Learning Basic Drafting Using Pencil Sketches and AutoCAD / Edition 1by James M. Kirkpatrick
Pub. Date: 10/19/1998
Publisher: Pearson Education
A valuable tool for architects and engineers, this book teaches the fundamentals of drafting through the use of sketches on gridded paper done with triangles, a circle template and a minimum of other tools and supplies (only a pencil and eraser are absolutely necessary) - and at the same time integrates a practical and empowering introduction to AutoCAD, providing sample drawings on a diskette that are the same as or similar to the pencil sketches found in the text. Offers users a completely self-contained learning resource that does not require any drafting tools, and complies with all versions of AutoCAD - from Release 12 up to 14. Contains all of the guidelines and gridded paper necessary to complete assignments. Provides step-by-step methodologies that illustrate the different ways processes can be done to attain the same goal, and includes a hierarchy of drawings and a relations to parts list in the final chapter (The Drawing System).
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.16(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.92(d)
Table of Contents1. Introduction.
2. Sketching Tools, Supplies and their Uses.
3. AutoCAD Fundamentals.
4. Lettering for Pencil Sketches.
5. Sketching Line Weights and Drawing Constructions.
6. Linetypes and Drawing Construction Using AutoCAD.
7. Reading and Sketching Orthographic Views.
8. Making Orthographic Views with AutoCAD.
9. Sketching Sectional Views.
10. Making Sectional Views with AutoCAD.
11. Sketching Auxiliary Views.
12. Making Auxiliary Views with AutoCAD.
13. Sketching Pictorial Views.
14. Making Isometric Views with AutoCAD.
15. Sketching Dimensions.
16. Dimensioning with AutoCAD.
17. Sketching Threads and Fasteners.
18. AutoCAD Drawings of Fasteners Using Blocks and Attributes.
19. Sketching Development Drawings.
20. AutoCAD Developments with an Introduction to AutoCAD 3D.
21. The Drawing System.
Exercises to Chapters.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >