A valuable tool for architects and engineers, this book teaches the fundamentals of drafting through the use of sketches on gridded paper done with triangles, a circle template and a minimum of other tools and supplies (only a pencil and eraser are absolutely necessary) - and at the same time integrates a practical and empowering introduction to AutoCAD, providing sample drawings on a diskette that are the same as or similar to the pencil sketches found in the text. Offers users a completely self-contained learning resource that does not require any drafting tools, and complies with all versions of AutoCAD - from Release 12 up to 14. Contains all of the guidelines and gridded paper necessary to complete assignments. Provides step-by-step methodologies that illustrate the different ways processes can be done to attain the same goal, and includes a hierarchy of drawings and a relations to parts list in the final chapter (The Drawing System).
A book/disk package teaching fundamentals of drafting through use of sketches on gridded paper done with a minimum of tools and supplies. Students are introduced to the AutoCAD program as partially drawn AutoCAD drawings identical to the pencil sketches are completed. These drawings are included on the accompanying disk. Coverage progresses from sketching tools, AutoCAD fundamentals, and lettering, to dimensioning and sketching development drawings. Includes perforated worksheets for handing in exercises. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc., Portland, Or.
2. Sketching Tools, Supplies and their Uses.
3. AutoCAD Fundamentals.
4. Lettering for Pencil Sketches.
5. Sketching Line Weights and Drawing Constructions.
6. Linetypes and Drawing Construction Using AutoCAD.
7. Reading and Sketching Orthographic Views.
8. Making Orthographic Views with AutoCAD.
9. Sketching Sectional Views.
10. Making Sectional Views with AutoCAD.
11. Sketching Auxiliary Views.
12. Making Auxiliary Views with AutoCAD.
13. Sketching Pictorial Views.
14. Making Isometric Views with AutoCAD.
15. Sketching Dimensions.
16. Dimensioning with AutoCAD.
17. Sketching Threads and Fasteners.
18. AutoCAD Drawings of Fasteners Using Blocks and Attributes.
19. Sketching Development Drawings.
20. AutoCAD Developments with an Introduction to AutoCAD 3D.
21. The Drawing System.
Exercises to Chapters.