Tim Roadley is a senior analytics software consultant at Emite Pty Ltd. He is primarily focused on delivering business intelligence dashboards, currently for one of Australia’s major banks. Prior to Emite, Tim was Infrastructure Manager at Cuscal Pty Ltd, where he was heavily involved in designing and implementing a payments switch that drives 1,300+ ATMs throughout Australia. By night he is an avid iOS developer and tutorial writer, with several apps on the App Store, including Teamwork, iSoccer, and now Grocery Dude and Grocery Cloud. In his downtime, he enjoys spending time with his wonderful wife, Tracey, and two lovely children, Tyler and Taliah.
Learning Core Data for iOS: A Hands-On Guide to Building Core Data Applicationsby Tim Roadley
Covers iOS 7 and Xcode 5
This is the first Core Data book to fully reflect Apple’s latest platform innovations, including its dramatic recent improvements to iCloud support. Hands-on from start to finish, it teaches you step-by-step as you create a modern data-driven iOS app using/b>
Get Started Fast with iOS 7 Core Data App Development
Covers iOS 7 and Xcode 5
This is the first Core Data book to fully reflect Apple’s latest platform innovations, including its dramatic recent improvements to iCloud support. Hands-on from start to finish, it teaches you step-by-step as you create a modern data-driven iOS app using Storyboards, ARC, iOS 7, and Xcode 5.
Tim Roadley introduces new patterns and best practices designed to overcome the frustrations of Core Data development. One step at a time, you’ll build and extend your skills--even mastering advanced techniques such as complex model migration, deep copy, background processing, and integration with Dropbox, StackMob, and iCloud.
Downloadable versions of this book’s main project are provided with each chapter, so you can see exactly what your app project should look like--and get cookbook-style code for your own projects. Chapter exercises help you explore even further, whether you’re a self-learner or a student in an iOS development course.
If you’re an experienced iOS developer, this guide brings together all the skills, tools, code, and patterns you need to add powerful data management capabilities to any app--quickly, easily, and painlessly.
Coverage includes the following:
- Understanding Core Data
- Adding Core Data to an existing project
- Designing, upgrading, and migrating data models (automatically and manually with progress indication)
- Populating views with data, including table-views and picker-views
- Preloading a “default data” persistent store from XML
- Deep-copying from one persistent store to another
- Performance tuning with Instruments, using large photos as the example
- Background processing, using thumbnail generation as the example
- Efficient search
- Seamlessly backing up and restoring with Dropbox
- Stable integration with iCloud--with full support for multiple accounts, seeding, and de-duplication
- Web service integration with StackMob
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >