- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Whether taking classes in school, college or university, or in a corporate training setting, it is likely that learners will be expected to do at least part of their studies via the computer. This book provides realistic guidelines to ensure their success in the virtual learning environment.
From detailing tools such as WebCT and Blackboard, to overcoming personal barriers to success in distance learning, this handy text deals with issues that readers of any age, stage or situation are likely to encounter by:
* demystifying terms and concepts common to online learning
* addressing issues of online ethics such as netiquette, plagiarism and software piracy
* offering practical advice on interacting effectively online, submitting assignments and doing research
* furnishing numerous links to Web pages and other resources for further study and research.
The author offers serious and humorous anecdotes to help readers avoid the pitfalls and capitalize on opportunities that will help them become a successful online student.
Current and prospective online learners will greatly benefit from this practical book filled with clear, detailed assistance for learning online.
1. The Future is Now 2. Deciding to Pursue Online Learning 3. Communicating Electronically 4. The Media You Need to Understand 5.Overcoming Isolation and Building Community: The Psychology of Being Online 5. Adapting Yor Learning Style to the Online Environment 7. Doing Research Online 8. Ethical Issues 9. The Future of Learning Technology