Lectio Divina Bible Study: The Sacraments in Scriptureby Stephen Binz
The Bible testifies to the crucial role that the sacraments play in God's relationship with/p>
In an exceptional combination of one of the most ancient forms of Scripture study with historical, theological, and scriptural perspectives, Stephen Binz leads us on an incredible journey of enlightenment and appreciation in the areas of prayer, sacraments, and the Mass.
The Bible testifies to the crucial role that the sacraments play in God's relationship with humankind. Yet sometimes we take them for granted and miss the true power and significance each sacrament represents. In Lectio Divina Bible Study: The Sacraments in Scripture, Binz leads us to a fuller, deeper experience of the sacraments by showing us how they are truly God's Word made visible, deriving their meaning from the Scriptures.
Lectio Divina, the ancient practice of Scripture immersion, is at the heart of this process. It explores complex topics with sequential steps of study, meditation, and internalization. Specifically, every chapter leads you forward through a sequence of:
- Listening -- Reading Scripture with expectancy, trusting that God will speak His Word to us through it
- Understanding -- Seeking to comprehend the meaning of the text, encountering God there and being changed by that encounter
- Reflecting -- Linking the truth of the Scriptures to the experience of faith in the world in which we live
- Praying -- A dialogue with God: we listen to God, then we respond in prayer
- Acting -- After prayerfully listening to God through a passage of Scripture, we should be inspired to make a difference in the way we live
The Lectio Divina Bible Study series is suitable for parish, small group, or individual use.
- Our Sunday Visitor, Publishing Division
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 443 KB
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews