- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Each chapter begins with a list of learning objectives that identifies the key elements that students need to know, whilst also taking learning to the next level. This new edition includes brief sections on the approaches to investigation and treatment of haematological problems, the underlying mechanisms and relationships concerning lymphomas and other neoplastic diseases of the bone marrow, and the rapidly changing area of bone marrow transplantation.
Illustrated in full colour throughout, with new illustrations and photographs of important normal and abnormal blood cells, this eighth edition is a comprehensive guide to haematology and an essential aid for anyone who wants a concise introduction to the subject.
Preface to the Eighth Edition.
1. Normal Haemoglobin, Blood Cells and Haemopoiesis.
2. Anaemia and Polycythaemia: General Considerations.
3. Haemolytic Anaemias.
4. Iron Metabolism, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Other Hypochromic Microcytic Anaemias and Iron Overload.
5. Macrocytosis and Macrocytic Anaemia.
6. Conditions Associated with White Cell Abnormalities.
7. Structure and Function of Lymphoid Tissue.
8. Lymphomas: General Principles.
9. Classification of Lymphoma.
10. Neoplastic Disorders of Lymphoid Cells.
11. Myeloma and Other Paraproteinaemias.
12. Neoplastic Disorders of Myeloid Cells.
13. Bone Marrow Transplantation.
14. Aplastic Anaemia and Pure Red Cell Aplasia.
15. Haemostasis, Abnormal Bleeding and Anticoagulant Therapy.
16. Blood Transfusion and Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn.
17. Basic Haematological Techniques and Reference Ranges.
18. Further Reading.