Lessons from Private Equity Any Company Can Useby Orit Gadiesh
How do PE firms become such powerhouses? Learn how, in Lessons from Private Equity Any Company Can Use. Bain chairman Orit
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Private equity firms are snapping up brand-name companies and assembling portfolios that make them immense global conglomerates. They're often able to maximize investor value far more successfully than traditional public companies.
How do PE firms become such powerhouses? Learn how, in Lessons from Private Equity Any Company Can Use. Bain chairman Orit Gadiesh and partner Hugh MacArthur use the concise, actionable format of a memo to lay out the five disciplines that PE firms use to attain their edge:
· Invest with a thesis using a specific, appropriate 3-5-year goal
· Create a blueprint for change--a road map for initiatives that will generate the most value for your company within that time frame
· Measure only what matters--such as cash, key market intelligence, and critical operating data
· Hire, motivate, and retain hungry managers--people who think like owners
· Make equity sweat--by making cash scarce, and forcing managers to redeploy underperforming capital in productive directions
This is the PE formulate for unleashing a company's true potential.
Meet the Author
Orit Gadiesh is the chairman of Bain&Company and an expert on management and corporate strategy. Hugh MacArthur is a partner at Bain&Company and the leader of the firm's Global Private Equity practice.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
CEOs of large public and private companies may not think they have much in common with private equity (PE) investors. After all, CEOs are beholden to their shareholders and boards. Their organizations have multiple layers of management and a conservative mindset that can make change ponderous. Meanwhile, PE investors thrive in a more free-wheeling environment, sizing up their targets and sometimes taking considerable risks in hopes of delivering exceptional financial results. Authors Orit Gadiesh and Hugh MacArthur believe that traditional companies can apply six successful principles from the PE firms¿ playbook. While adopting the PE philosophy isn¿t always easy, as the authors are quick to point out, the benefits can be significant. If you feel your company is not living up to its potential, then getAbstract believes this book points out some options you might want to consider. However, you might find that the idea inspires you more than the advice the authors bequeath.