Read an Excerpt
Where do I begin talking about this little book I have put together? I like to think of the cocktails on these pages as my libations of life. First, let's explore what the word "libation" really means. There are three definitions for this fun little word, all of them very apropos for the topics explored in this book.LIBATION
- An act of pouring a liquid as a sacrifice. Sacrifice being the key word in this sentence. What don't we sacrifice in the pursuit of love, health, and happiness?
- An act or instance of drinking, often ceremoniously. Life is filled with all kinds of ceremonies, and we tend to celebrate these with a cheers!
- A drink containing alcohol ... need I say more?
It took many years, tears, and facing fears to research this little book. Not to mention quite a few very rough mornings. I would like to know what dog I am supposed to have a hair off of. My inspiration came from exhilarating highs (one too many shots of tequila), unbearable lows (one too many bad dates), and truly great friends (always full of humorous wisdom). Through all the good, the bad, and ugly (believe me there was ugly), I learned to live, love, and believe in myself. During all of this I was able to cheers every small, yet significant, victory, celebrate every precious moment, and sometimes just numb the sting of a bad day. I did all of this with the help of good family and friends, revealing conversations, and, of course, the reason for this little book, a COCKTAIL!WHEN MIXING UP THESE COCKTAILS FEEL FREE TO:
- Substitute any of the alcohol I have chosen with your favorite.
- Ignore any"warning label" I have attached to a cocktail. Go ahead and throw caution to the wind.
It's all about picking your poison, breaking the rules, and living life to the fullest (without selling yourself short or landing yourself in jail, of course). No lady should ever start a story with: "This one time, I had a body cavity search..."