Lies You Learned at School (PagePerfect NOOK Book)by Michael Powell
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Everyone knows that you shouldn't believe everything you read in the newspapers, hear on TV, or find on the Internet, but you don't expect the same advice to apply to what you learned at school. Well, think again, because you can guarantee there's heaps of stuff in your head that you've been taught that just isn't true, or it if is, has been dumbed down so much as to be just plain wrong. And that's before you even begin to consider the political bias that may have been added to your schooling. If you don't believe us, read this book and you'll discover how much dodgy information you've been carrying around in your noodle all these years.
• Two plus two doesn't always equal four
• Henry VIII only had two wives
• Napoleon wasn't French
• Mirrors don't reverse everything
• Cold isn't the opposite of hot
• Clouds are heavy
• Gravity is weak, and there's plenty of it in space
• Ben Franklin's kite wasn't hit by lightning
• Electrons travel slowly
• Nothing in the universe is really unique
• The big bang wasn't big or a bang
• The U.S. isn't a democracy (it's a constitutional republic)
- Fall River Press
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 11 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Kind of the facts that one smart@%$ person knows. But some facts were pretty cool
Fun & informative. Have really enjoyed this book. Even topics that I already knew had a nugget of information or two that was new to me.
A lot of controversial topics, though some of the facts are really detailed. Proves a lot of stuff you thought you knew wrong.
It was fun learning the truth from this book!(i totally recommend this book)
It's great for learning the true facts
love this book so far! i haven't read the whole thing wet since i haven't bought it but i rad most of it in the store and i love it ! i can't belivee some of the lies they are thrying to teach us ! Good and Helpfull book! : )
Omg no one except me has writen a reveiw. That's dumb, I want to know more about this book. :( So please review! People need it!