- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
* A resident's guide to landing a job, building a career, and managing finances
• Step-by-step instruction and numerous insider tips take the guesswork out of career planning
• Based on a highly popular seminar on career planning at Stanford University Medical Center Life After Residency: A Career Planning Guide is an insightful, step-by-step guide to achieving a successful and fulfilling career in medicine. As professors at Stanford University Medical Center, Drs. Melissa Berhow, William Feaster, and John Brock-Utne began running seminars to advise their residents not only on creating a curriculum vitae and landing a great job, but also on how to manage student loan payments and avoid pitfalls in the life of a physician. The immense success and ensuing demand for more seminars eventually gave rise to Life After Residency-a book which continues the seminar discussions in greater depth and magnitude, while maintaining a conversational writing style. Other key topics covered include:
• Preparing for a job interview
• Evaluating job offers and negotiating contracts
• Obtaining and maintaining the proper State license
• How to apply for membership onto Medical Staffs
• Obtaining malpractice insurance
• Buying a house and investing for eventual retirement
• Advice for non-medical career options Loaded with sage advice and practical wisdom, Life After Residency is an invaluable asset to every resident during the transition from residency to life thereafter.
Finding the Right Fit.- Getting Ready for the Job Search.- Identifying Practice Opportunities.- The Interview.- Evaluating the Offer.- Medical Staff Credentialing and Privileges.- Obtaining and Maintaining Your Medical License.- Malpractice Insurance.- Financial Planning for the New Practitioner.- Careers Outside of Clinical Medicine.