The editors at LIFE vigorously carry on the traditions of excellence in photography, in journalism, and in telling the story of our country and our world which began with LIFE magazine in 1936 by founding editor and publisher, Henry R. Luce. They have published books on a broad range of subjects, including New York Times bestsellers One Nation, LIFE Picture Puzzle and The American Journey of Barack Obama.
LIFE America Revealed: Tracing Our History Beneath the Surface and Behind the Scenesby Editors of Life
· Places where the dinosaurs roamed and the first Americans walked are/i>
In America Revealed, LIFE's editors explain the subtleties of our country's history with stunning, often beautiful and constantly surprising photography. Its pictures present the generally invisible history of common folks, and of hidden aspects behind conventionally great events.
· Places where the dinosaurs roamed and the first Americans walked are examined, as are sites of deep significance.
· Discover Walden Pond, Jefferson's schoolhouse, and a serene nook in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania - a nice place to find some summer shade-that was once a den of horror, and then-and-now photographs tell the tale.
- Time Home Entertainment, Inc
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.00(w) x 11.25(h) x 0.50(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >