Life Cycle Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach with Chapter 2 Supplement: Nutrition Requirements During Pregnancyby Sari Edelstein, Lisa S. Brown
Pub. Date: 06/01/2009
Publisher: Jones & Barlett Learning
Using the latest epidemiologic research, Life Cycle Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach explores nutritional foundations and the growth development, and normal functioning of individuals through each stage of life. With subjects as diverse as media influences on eating, skipping breakfast, fruit juice consumption, and clinical nutrition, this text/i>/b>
Using the latest epidemiologic research, Life Cycle Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach explores nutritional foundations and the growth development, and normal functioning of individuals through each stage of life. With subjects as diverse as media influences on eating, skipping breakfast, fruit juice consumption, and clinical nutrition, this text gives students current knowledge, helps them evaluate emerging knowledge, and prepates them to uncover new knowledge for the public, their clients, and themselves.
Life Cycle Nutrition: An Evidence-Based Approach takes a tropical, multi-disciplinary approach to the physiological, biochemical, sociological, and developmental factors that affect nutrient requirements and recomendations at the various stages of the life cycle. The issues surrounding topics sych as chronic disease in adults are discussed throughout the adult stage. This approach makes it easier for students to relate nutrition concepts and epidemiologic research to the stages of life.
• Evidence-Based Practice: This section contains research articles that provide students with an opportunity to create peer-reviewed studies and clinical trials
• Cultural Diversity Sidebars: Integrated througout the text, these issues challenge students to think critically about the nutritional and health differences among ethnic groups.
• Issues to Debate: This section provides timely topics for debate and further consideration such as withholding and withdrawing nutrition, the ethical implications of nutrition care, and right to die case law. Students will learn the physiological, moral, ethical, and legal issues surrounding these emotionally charged issues.
• Interesting Vignettes: Historical and interesting stories based on nutrition and health enhance students' understanding of the material presented.
• Case Studies and Nutritional Management: Relevant cases help students develop knowledge and skills for a wide variety of subjects and improve critical thinking skills, public speaking, and group interactions.
• Critical Thinking Sidebars: These points give students the opportunity to practice the critical thinking concepts they will need to solve complex real-world problems, weigh evidence and make conclusions, ask the right questions, and develop informed opinions.
- Jones & Barlett Learning
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.20(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >