Lifelong Motor Development / Edition 4by Carl P. Gabbard
Pub. Date: 04/29/2003
Publisher: Pearson Education
Lifelong Motor Development is a comprehensive, science-based book covering theory and research of physical growth and motor behavior across the life span. The Fourth Edition features increased coverage of dynamic systems theory P a leading theory in motor development that explains how various body systems work together to control movement. KEY TOPICS Dynamic Systems Theory explains how different body systems work together to control movement. Increased coverage of motor development applications provides readers with practical examples related to careers in motor development. For college instructors and students.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.70(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents1. Introduction to the Developmental Perspective.
2. Heredity and Neurological Changes.
3. Physical Growth Changes.
4. Physiological Changes.
5. Factors Affecting Growth and Development.
6. Perceptual Development.
7. Information Processing and Motor Control.
8. Early Movement Behavior.
9. Motor Behavior during Early Childhood.
10. Motor Behavior during Later Childhood and Adolescence.
11. Motor Behavior in the Adult Years.
13. Sociocultural Influences on Motor Development.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >